SYMPAN offers a wide range of project management and control services to public sector authorities and private sector companies, referring to all main types of infrastructure such as transport & hydraulic networks, energy/environment, civil infrastructure and real estate development. Services address all the phases along a project’s lifecycle, including technical advisory in areas as:
Feasibility and Preparatory Studies
In this stage SYMPAN provides technical assistance on:
- Project identification and definition.
- (Pre)Feasibility studies, including, where necessary, visual inspection or other field tasks (site studies).
- Techno-economic studies like Cost-Benefit Analysis or other financial/ socio-economic analyses, which may include financial scheduling and planning, environmental, social or local impact assessment, etc.
- Preparatory of technical studies sectors such as Transport etc.
- Geotechnical studies or other needed technical studies for obtaining the required licenses for project construction.
- Preparatory of technical studies in the Urban Planning sector.
- Development of land-use/town organization studies, technical due diligence for property use, market research/ forecasts etc.
- Preparatory technical studies of Energy & Environment.
- Preparation of Project Application for EU financing.
- Various special studies, such as research projects in logistics etc.
Design & Tender Management
Following completion of the preparatory stage, it is necessary to secure detailed design management and adequate support during the planning phase of infrastructure projects, so that the respective tender is properly launched, attracting appropriate candidates for implementation. SYMPAN has a solid and long experience in the provision of pertaining services, organized and summarized in the below:
SYMPAN’s expertise covers all comprehensive aspects of Design Management support, for a wide infrastructure/facility typology, involving:
- Detailed project planning assessment and preliminary design & quality control.
- Review of detailed design and control design output, evaluating constructability (value engineering).
- Implementation plan elaboration/validation: time plan optimization, identification of critical milestones, resources allocation and cost estimation, and project management organization.
- Permits management: expropriations, public authorities’ permits management, monitoring of environmental impact studies, elaboration and monitoring of environmental terms and conditions.
SYMPAN’s duties frequently include provision of Tender Management support to Contracting Authorities in different types of tendering procedures and all types of contracts (services, supplies, works), involving:
- Development of procurement strategy.
- Preparation of tender documents, including technical specifications, BoQ and drawings.
- Management of the tendering process.
- Evaluation of proposals/offers (emphasis on technical issues).
- Contract negotiations and signature.
Our integrated approach ensures that all critical aspects of design and tendering are taken into consideration in order to help our clients in:
- Ensuring quality of designs, completeness and relevance of tender documents, and selection of suitable/appropriate contractors.
- Preventing impractical solutions or time-consuming processes, frequently jeopardising a project’s funding and, eventually, implementation.
Over time, we have developed long-lasting, fruitful collaboration with accredited local and international firms that possess extensive experience in studying all major types of facilities/infrastructures. We are therefore in the position to efficiently cope with common challenges over regulations and other legislative matters, or local particularities governing the project design and development, as well as the procurement and contracting process.
Program, Project & Contract Management
In the field of Program and Contract Management SYMPAN provides:
- Development of processes, systems and tools for Portfolio Management, based on universally accepted methodologies and industry’s practices.
- Design and establishment of Program Management Office (PMO).
- Employment and operation of a PMO.
- Program planning with key performance indicators.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Project monitoring and reporting.
- Evaluation and review.
- Resource Planning and Management.
- Cost Planning and Control.
- Quality Management.
- Change Management.
- Support in claims management.
- Control and Audit of invoices and supervision of payments procedure.
- Management of contract documentation.
- Support of the contract closing process.
Construction Management & Supervision
In the field of infrastructure development SYMPAN provides the following services in each stage:
- Project preparation which includes the development of a primary work program, budget planning, the formation of a management team and co-ordination of the project.
- Procurement and contract strategy.
- Designs’ assessment and value engineering.
- Analysis of the tender documents for the construction.
- Appraisal of the analytical Bill of Quantities (BofQ).
- Support and advise during the procurement and tendering process for the award of the works and supplies contract(s).
- Guidance to Clients for the risks and insurance of the construction period, as well as concerning duties, health and safety, environment etc.
- Monitoring if contractor(s) performance is in accordance with requirements and contractual requirements.
- Conduction of on-site inspections.
- Identification of risks, damages and weaknesses and supervision of their elimination.
- Certification of quality of materials and workmanship.
- Appraisal and technical appreciation of invoices.
- Control of costs.
- Monitoring and control of works schedule and the cost plan.
- Reporting progress to the Client.
- Support of the deviations.
- Support of the dispute resolution procedure.
- Quantity monitoring of materials and products.
- Monitoring and inspection, testing of procedures.
- Advice and assistance to the Client during the development of the Project.
- Co-operation with third parties which are involved in the Project such as financing institutions, public authorities, designers, lawyers, insurance companies, etc.) in order to design, monitor and manage their duties.
- Support in the accomplishment of the project and conclusion of the contract(s).
- Advice to Client(s) on maintenance of the facilities.
Technical Advisory Services
Apart from infrastructure development, SYMPAN provides Technical Advisory Services, including:
- Formation of policies at national or regional levels, ranging from standards of buildings for various uses.
- Development of sectoral policies and strategies, including the formmation of regulatory and operational frameworks in national transport and energy systems.
- Prioritization of infrastructure interventions with criteria at national/regional levels over a specific programing period.
- Technical assistance in the preparation of PPP, including due diligence and support up to financial closure.
- Business intelligence services to investors in PPP.
- Independent Engineer Certifier or Financier’s Technical Advisor services for infrastructure investment projects.
- Valuation of property portfolios.
- Supply chain optimization for the reduction of energy consumption, waste disposals, air pollution and their balance with mobility measures.
- Market research and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Issuance of quality standards- certificates.
- Training courses to certain target groups